Friday, 15 March 2019

A quick question …

I've been looking at my posting history and I've noticed a bit of a pattern. Often, I'll go weeks without posting anything, and then I'll do three or four posts in quick succession, and then another couple of weeks of nothing. That's not surprising really, given the way my work and family life operates. Having said that, I still find it highly annoying, and I've been thinking that I'd like to start posting to a more definite schedule around here. I was contemplating doing at least one post every Saturday, or something like that.

Now, since I can't guarantee that I'm going to be able to sit down and write something every single Saturday, I'd probably have to build up a buffer of scheduled posts. Unfortunately, what that means, is that a lot of the posts are going to be weeks old by the time you see them. If the opening line says something to the effect of "the other day, such and such happened" it's more than likely going to be the case that "the other day" was not anywhere close to being the actual "other day".

In order to mitigate this, I was thinking that I could add a timestamp to each post showing when it was actually written. However, before I did that, I thought I'd ask youse mob for your opinion on the matter. After all, you're the ones who are going to end up reading this shite.

So then, the question is: Would you rather get old posts on a weekly schedule, with the odd spontaneous post thrown in here and there for good measure; or would you prefer they were all spontaneous, but with absolutely no rhyme or reason to the posting schedule?

3 comments :

suze2000 said...

A posting schedule would be good. A timestamp would also give it some historical context.

I do miss your daily doodles though I know that was stressful for you.

Alex said...

The stressful part was that I had to find time to do it, write something to go with it, and then post it, every single day. If I could schedule them too, it'd definitely make things more manageable.

Hmmm, how about a Wednesday waffle and Saturday Squiggle?

squib said...

I really don't mind - post whenever you feel the urge and if it's weeks afterwards, doesn't matter