Sadly, that's about all I've got to say. I know this blog has been suffering from neglect lately, but I'm still in the predicament where I've got nothing to say and a million other things to do.
I had a list of about fifty small jobs to do this weekend. I think I got through about thirty-five.
I haven't listened to any news, so I don't know what's going on in the world. I've been listening to my "high-productivity" music; not sure how well it's working though. No profound thought or observations. I could do a piece on why I love the Emacs text editor, but who the fuck wants to read that?
If anyone's got any topic they want to discuss ... anything at all ... go nuts. I promise I'll respond in between doing fiddly, tedious, little jobs.
Edit!
I'm getting to the point of hating Google. Not the services, the services are fine. It's more the company. They're like the Coles and Woolies of the internet.
And sure, there's a lot of alternatives out there, but I don't think there's any other free blogging platforms that give you as much as what Blogger does.
*Grumble*fuckin*Grumble*
How are you finding Wordpress, Melba?
Edit!
Melba, I'm relying on you to tell me when the good TV shows start. It's in the next couple of weeks, right?
Edit!
Here's a video I got sent. Best laugh I've had in ages. By the way, Glyphosate is another name for the weed killer better known as Roundup.
3 comments :
Thirty-five out of fifty is fucking awesome. Wow.
Good shows start in two weeks, that is GoT. But that's in US, takes a little bit longer to get here, like a day? But we will be on it quickly.
Wordpress is ok, as ok as all these things are. It does the job. I don't wanna be too flash with it, nice and basic is my mantra about much in life. Save all my extra energy for my writing I think.
Anyway glad you are still here, it doesn't have to be regular postings, you'll notice mine aren't, just nice to check in whenever. The days are gone when I had quite a few readers. remember those days? The posts about Israel especially where Perseus and I got going... so much back and forth.
Wonder how he is? Two kids now. The reality of kids really rocks* your world.
* I mean this in the original sense, not as in 'it's fantastic' but as in 'you don't know which was is up and you can't get anything done for yourself' way. Of course it's fantastic too but not relentlessly so, in the way all the other stuff is relentless.
PS Am heading back to bed, am rereading Agatha Christie's The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Inside the cover the younger me (teenager?) has drawn a line through Ackroyd and put our surname. My dad's first name is Roger, so I obviously thought it was a pretty funny joke.
I don't know what the book is about, but I suggest you go through the whole thing reading Ackroyd as your own surname. Add a bit of spice to an old favourite, maybe.
I can't speak from personal experience about having kids, but yes, I've seen it happen all around me. Hopefully Perseus and his missus are happy.
The heyday of your blog was before my time. After I got there, it was just you and me going back and forth for quite a while, before Sarah, Jo, etc, started commenting regularly (again?).
Just send up a flare when you get the first episode of GoT and/or OITNB, if it's not too much trouble, please. In case I don't hear about it elsewhere.
I just got sent a video that gave me the biggest laugh I've had in ages. Am appending it to the end of this post.
Post a Comment